Smoked Chicken Pasta

Do you remember what is the first recipe you tried? Well as for me, I think this is one of my first recipe I tried and actually wrote on an index card. It passed in-laws and guests inspection and it has always been a good people pleaser. I've made it with regular chicken but I find that the smoked chicken will actually give your taste buds much more satisfaction.

This dish is quite easy and quite versatile. I've substitute so many things in it and it still turns out delicious! Pair this dish with the no knead bread and your guest will think that you've slaved all day in your kitchen. So by request of one of my food tester, I'm sharing one of my staple pasta recipe

Smoked Chicken Pasta
(make 4 - 6 serving)
2 tbs butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 lbs (500 gr or about 6 mushrooms) crimini mushroom
1/2 lbs (500 gr) shitake mushroom
1 tsp salt
4 tsp flour
1 1/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 tbs paprika powder - if you have to choose between hot and sweet paprika powder, I would suggest that you'll pick the sweet one or your taste buds will end up with a burning sensation
2 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 lbs smoked chicken breast (about 1 big breast or D/E cup in human) - cut bite size
12 ounces penne/fussili - you can use any kind of pasta. I think at 1 point I mixed penne, linguini, and one of those shell shaped pasta, I mean they all taste the same anyway
1 cup light sour cream - sometimes I mix my sour cream and plain yogurt
1 tsp chopped fresh dill

Cook pasta as directed to your liking.

Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and red pepper, cook & stir occasionally until onion is translucent (about 10 minutes).

Increase heat to medium high, add mushrooms & salt. Cook & stir until mushroom are well browned (about 7 minutes). Reduce heat to medium low. Add flour and stir for about 1 minute.

Add broth, paprika powder & mustard. Mix and reduce heat to low and let simmer until sauce thicken (about 3 minutes).

Stir in chicken & dill & cook 1 minute. Before serving, mix in sour cream to sauce. Toss noodles with sauce. Enjoy!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment